Since the Body is made of many members, each one of its members has a unique function and should serve the rest of the Body in that gifting. We have different areas of ministry to become a part of, whether your part is big or small. From the Food Pantry to Children’s Ministry, Ushers Team, Intercessory Prayer, Worship Team/Sound Techs, Giving, and Helps Ministry, which includes any way in which you can assist in a practical way, whatever your gifting may be, there is a place in His Body for you that contributes to the building up of the whole church. (Romans 12:3-8)
For a believer to experience fulfillment in life, they must find their God-given place in the body and fulfill the assignment that God has given them. Jesus said in John 4:34, "My meat is to do the will of Him that sent me, and to finish His work." Jesus got fulfillment from finding His God-given place and completing His God-given assignment. The great news is God has a place for you! 1 Corinthians 12:18 says, "But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him." That means God has a specific place for you and a specific assignment for you. When you get in that place and begin work towards that assignment, it will produce heavenly joy and fulfillment.
Here's a list of the areas in which you could possibly serve:
- Food Pantry-The available opportunities to serve in our Food Pantry are Monday mornings, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Ushers-Our ushers operate in our Sunday morning services and arrive at 9:45 am.
- Drama Team-We do a couple of dramas each year. This ministry includes practices and performances.
- Wednesday Night KidZone-This ministry operates during the school year only, from 7:00 pm-8:15 pm, every Wednesday night.
- Wednesday Food Ministry-We cook and serve a meal to all the kids on Wednesday nights. This ministry consists of meal preparation and serving of food.
- KidZone Children’s Church-Our children church classes take place on Sunday mornings after the praise and worship and last about one hour.
- Teens Ministry-Our teens ministry takes place on Sunday mornings after the praise and worship and lasts about one hour.
- Nursery-Our nursery ministry takes place on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights after the praise and worship and lasts about one hour.
- Church Fellowship (Parties, Pot Lucks, Etc.)-We have a few fellowship parties each year. This ministry consists of food prep, room set up, and tear down.
- Stage Design-We need people to change, set up, or tear down the stage as needed.
- Church Decoration-Periodically, we change decorations around the church to reflect the seasons.
- Sound Techs-People must have knowledge of sound board equipment or be willing to be trained. They need to be here on Sunday Mornings by 9:30 am.
- Computer Operator-This ministry consists of recording, editing, and running the words on the big screen during the praise and worship.
- CD Ministry-CD's of our sermons and praise and worship are available for purchase. This ministry consists of producing and selling these CD's.
- Coffee Shop-Our coffee shop is open from 9:30-10:15 am every Sunday morning. Tasks are making coffee and cleaning up afterwards.
- Hospitality-This involves being part of the team who prepares and serves food at various times, mostly as an outreach to families who have lost a loved one. If you'd like to help, this ministry is for you.
- Greeting-This ministry would consist of greeting people on Sunday mornings and would require early arrival. Being cheerful is a must!
- Cleaning Crew-This ministry consists of cleaning the inside of the church building and occasional outside work.
If you are interested in serving in any of these areas or have any questions about serving, please fill out the form below.